Monday, February 27, 2006

A Journey to attend a Wedding

A journey to attend a Wedding

Yesterday, I went to Rawalpindi (180 KM from my place) to attend the wedding ceremony of my friend’s son. It was a pleasant journey although on reaching there, I had to walk about half a KM in rain after getting off from the coach. Due to ban on lavish spending for numerous food dishes on weddings, imposed by the provincial government, the guests were served with the cardboard lunch boxes containing a sandwich, a kebab, a fried chicken drumstick, a boiled egg, a small burger, Gajar (carrot) halwa and a cup of green tea. As far as I can estimate, all these items plus hiring of the premises must have cost a handsome amount (almost equal to 2 or 3 traditional dishes). Thus the very purpose of prohibition of serving the meals in order to discourage the overspending by the rich appeared to be totally negated. In my opinion, such policies introduced by our so called planners serve no purpose but to create unrest in the society.

Regards to all.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home